What is a test Shoot?
A "test shoot" sometimes called a "portfolio shoot", is a shoot designed to build a models portfolio, experience and skill. A test shoot should expand or improve a models portfolio by building up better quality images or expand into new genres the model has not shot before.
At Oluanai, we are often the first and last step in a models career in Montana. We are the first step, because we are a reliable source of models for local agencies. Because of that, models who want to get into modeling usually come to us for their first test shoot to get their portfolio started before applying to agencies for representation.
When models are finally ready to move on to a bigger market such as LA, NY, or Denver, we are often a models last step before going because we can update a models portfolio before moving.
What do you do in a test shoot?
As much as possible
During a test shoot we want to get you as much variety as possible while still getting high quality images. High quality being the standard. There's no point in getting a lot of photos if they aren't good quality. So the goal of a test shoot is to get 3-5 images per genre. You just let me know which of these genres you'd like to shoot in.
We'll also throw in your digitals before a shoot if we can.
What to bring for a test?
- For digitals you'll need black leggings, black tank top, black heels, black swimwear or underwear (not lingerie)
- Minors cannot shoot in their underwear or risque clothing.
- Clothes for looks: dresses, jeans, tanks, athletic wear, lounge wear, swimwear, lingerie, shoes and heels.
- Underwear: You'll need various kinds of bras, sticky bras tend to be the most helpful, sports bras and strapless are helpful too. Please bring nude colored underwear that matches your skin.
- Hair & Makeup: We have an in-house hair and makeup person and all the products you'll need. If you need a specific hair or makeup product for your hair, we'll need to know.
If you come with a couple of suitcases, you're doing it right. :)
Where is the studio?
Oluanai is located at 14 South 27th Street, Billings MT 59101. Please do not park at the motorcycle shop. We have one parking spot for clients in our garage. Call us when you arrive and we'll let you in.
14 S7th Street, Billings MT 59101
Getting your digitals
If you're considering applying for an agency or management, then you'll need digitals. We gladly include 15 modeling digitals with your test shoot with Oluanai. If you'd like digitals, you'll need to bring the following. This is optional.
- Black tank
- Black leggings
- Black heels
- Black swimwear or underwear (not lingerie)
You will also need to come to the studio with your hair brushed, but not done up, and with no makeup.